• Don’t forget sunscreen. Israel is a sunny place with a very high average daily U.V. rating.
• Don’t go anywhere without your cell phone. It is relatively inexpensive and you can even call overseas.
• Don’t be afraid to haggle in the Suks (open air markets). It is an expected part of the culture and if you don’t, you will likely overpay.
• Don’t enter the sea in late June-July without first checking for jellyfish washed up on the beach. They are not deadly but can provide a pretty painful sting.
• Don’t wear your best bathing suit into the Dead Sea or Mineral Springs. It is possible that it may retain the smell of sulfur no matter how many times you wash it.